Qualifying members of the Tecumseh High School Girls Swim Team competed in the MHSAA Division 3 State Meet on Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 17 at the Holland Aquatic Center in Holland, Michigan.
In prelims on Friday, the 8 member team of Ashlyn Clewis, Amelia Danley, Kylie Dawley, Linda Hensley, Emma Hoffman, Kamilla Linn, Julianne Lore, and Veda Massanari-Thatcher put up 11 best times, including two in the 200 Medley Relay, two in the 200 Individual Medley, two in the 50 Freestyle, two in the 100 Freestyle, one in the 200 Freestyle Relay, one in the 100 Backstroke, and one in the 400 Freestyle Relay.
- The 200 Medley Relay of Clewis, Hensley, Linn, and Massanari-Thatcher swam a 1:51.71 seeding them 10th in the B Finals for Saturday.
- Linda Hensley swam the 200 Individual Medley in a time of 2:10.72 beating her own Tecumseh Freshman Record and seeding her 9th in the B Finals for Saturday.
- Veda Massanari-Thatcher also swam the 200 Individual Medley finishing 26th with a personal best time of 2:20.06.
- In the 50 Freestyle, Ashlyn Clewis finished in 19th with a personal best time of 25.18 and Julianne Lore finished 28th with a personal best time of 25.49.
- Kamilla Linn finished 26th in the 100 Butterfly with a time of 1:02.14.
- In the 100 Yard Freestyle, Linda Hensley beat her own Tecumseh Freshman Record with a time of 52.12 seeding her in 3rd in the A Finals for Saturday and Julianne Lore finished 29th with a personal best time of 55.63.
- The 200 Freestyle Relay Team of Lore, Massanari-Thatcher, Hoffman, and Dawley finished 19th with a time of 1:43.80.
- In the 100 Backstroke, Ashlyn Clewis finished with a time of 59.35 seeding her in 7th in the A Finals for Saturday and Amelia Danley beat her own Tecumseh Freshman Record with a time of 1:00.21 seeding her 9th in the B Finals for Saturday.
- Kamilla Linn placed 38th in the 100 Breaststroke with a time of 1:15.94.
- The 400 Freestyle Relay of Lore, Clewis, Linn, and Hensley finished with a time of 3:40.19 seeding them 6th in the A Finals for Saturday.
In Saturday's Finals, the Tecumseh girls put up four more best times and improved three Tecumseh Records to finish 11th place overall in the division with 6 All State Swims.
- The 200 Freestyle Relay of Clewis, Hensley, Linn, and Massanari-Thatcher ended up finishing 11th with a time of 1:52.74, slightly slower than their Friday prelims time.
- Linda Hensley finished the 200 Individual Medley in 9th improving on her Tecumseh Freshman Record with a time of 2:09.52. Hensley made All State in the 100 Freestyle finishing 6th with a time of 52.52.
- In the 100 Backstroke, Ashlyn Clewis made All State finishing 5th with an improved Tecumseh Varsity Record of 58.91 and Amelia Danley finished 10th with a time of 1:00.68.
- Finishing up the meet, the 400 Freestyle Relay of Lore, Linn, Clewis, and Hensley made All State finishing in 5th place with a new Varsity Record of 3:38.52.
The Tecumseh Girls Swim Team has had a great season finishing 11th at states, 3rd in the Southeastern Conference, and racking up 6 new Tecumseh Freshman Records and 3 new Tecumseh Varsity Records.