The Tecumseh Childcare Program is available under the following delay and closure circumstances for families currently enrolled in the program. Unfortunately, we cannot provide drop-in care on short notice for families on delay and closure days.
All delay and closure information will be communicated by Tecumseh Public Schools via the Blackboard Connect Alert System and announced on local media.
Early Release / Half-Day: The childcare program will be open on all scheduled early release / half days. Children should pack a lunch on these days.
Delay: In the event of a 2-hour delay, all childcare sites are sites open.
Delay to Close: Should a 2-hour delay turn into a school closure, the childcare program will close. Parents will receive a phone call and will be advised to pick up their child(ren) with the hour.
Emergency and/or Weather Closure: In the event the district closes due to emergency or weather, the childcare program is also closed.
Planned Closure: In the event of a planned district closure, the program will be open for children in grades Y5-6 at Compass Learning Center. Unfortunately, preschool children are not able to attend on these days due to licensing requirements.
The program is closed in observance of the following holidays:
- Labor Day (Sept. 3, 2018)
- Thanksgiving (Nov. 21, 22, 23, 2018)
- Christmas (Dec. 24 & 25, 2018) We will open Dec. 26 – 28 if 10 or more families sign up for care.
- New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2019) We will open Jan. 2-4 if 10 or more families sign up for care.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan. 21, 2019)
- Good Friday (Apr. 19, 2019)
- Memorial Day (May 27, 2019)
- June 11, 2019 closed for PM session
- Independence Day (July 4-5, 2019)
- Labor Day (Sept. 2, 2019)