Tecumseh East and West STEAM Centers use a Personalized Learning Tool (PLT) to create a flexible schedule for each learner. With input from learning facilitators and parents, learners build a schedule that meets their individual academic needs.
- Each learner enrolls in core subject classes and either a Project Lead the Way or Robotics class (science). Learners may choose the frequency of these classes based on their learning needs.
- Mentorship meetings are scheduled to set daily and weekly goals, and/or receive additional support.
- Learners are placed in the Project-Based Inquiry Lab for individual or group work and receive mini lessons in Science, Social Studies, and English Language Arts.
- Learners may choose to participate in Band, Orchestra, and/or Choir.
- Physical Education and a variety of electives are available for each learner to select as schedule allows.
Lunch and Recess
- Learners may have the option to select their preferred lunch and recess periods.
Independent Interest Project (IIP)
- Each learner will complete an Independent Interest Project. Learners may choose to schedule IIP time during the day, or complete the project independently outside of school.
Parents are encouraged to be a part of the scheduling process. Questions and scheduling adjustments may be directed to your building principal.
For additional scheduling information, download the Sample Learner Schedule.