Board of Education
The Tecumseh Board of Education consists of seven members who are elected by voters residing in the Tecumseh Public Schools District. Each serves a six-year term.
The TPS Board is proud to be recognized as an Honor Board by the Michigan Association of School Boards (MASB) for the third consecutive year, and to be a recipient of its Standard of Excellence Award. School boards achieve Honor Board Award status when all board members achieve certification status, and the Standard of Excellence Award is awarded when all board members receive the Award of Merit. Additionally, Kimberly Amstutz-Wild, Board Treasurer is a recipient of the MASB Master Diamond Award.
TPS Board Members
|Roger Hart, President||Steven Linn, Vice President|
|Kimberly Amstutz-Wild, Treasurer||Deborah Johnson-Berges, Secretary|
|Lynn Davis, Trustee||Jimmie Rice, Trustee|
|Lori Spotts, Trustee|
The Board of Education meets on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Tecumseh High School Media Center, located at 760 Brown St., Tecumseh, MI, unless otherwise amended by future Board action. Additional special meetings/study sessions may be scheduled as needed.
The board encourages community attendance at its monthly meetings, as stakeholder participation is important as the district strives to maintain excellent educational programs and seeks new opportunities for our learners. Your feedback is valuable to us and we encourage you to share your views on subjects related to our schools. Most questions and concerns can be addressed by contacting the classroom facilitator or building administrator. Please refer to the District Communications Guide for more contact information.
Please review the citizen participation section on this page for more information about the process for submitting a request to be added to a board meeting agenda or addressing the board during the open comment period.
2018-19 Meeting Schedule
The Tecumseh Public Schools Board of Education approved the 2018-2019 meeting schedule at its July 23, 2018 meeting.
- Monday, July 23, 2018
- Monday, Aug. 13, 2018
- Monday, Sept. 10, 2018
- Monday, Oct. 8, 2018
- Monday, Nov. 12, 2018
- Monday, Dec. 10, 2018
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2019
- Monday, Feb. 11, 2019
- Monday, Apr. 8, 2019
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- Monday, Jun. 10, 2019
- July 2019 - Meeting TBD*
*The July 2019 board meeting is the first meeting of the 2019-20 fiscal year. Board meetings for 2019-20 will be determined at the final meeting of the 2018-19 year. (June 10, 2019)
- Minutes of the Board of Education Meetings can be obtained at the Office of the Superintendent – Administrative Services Building, 212 N. Ottawa Street, Tecumseh, MI.
- Board meeting minutes are posted on the district website once they have been approved by the Board of Education.
- Any person with a disability who needs accommodations, is asked to contact Teri Hoeft, Exec. Asst. to Superintendent, three (3) days prior to the scheduled Board meeting.
- Please take notice that the Tecumseh Board of Education will participate in a City Council - School Board Joint Study Session at 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 15 at Tecumseh City Hall.
- Please take notice that there will be a Special Board Meeting of the Tecumseh Public Schools Board of Education held on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018 in the Counseling Office of Tecumseh High School (760 Brown St., Tecumseh) at 6 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is a Board Study Session to perform a District Audit Review.
- Please take notice that there will be a Special Board Meeting of the Tecumseh Public Schools Board of Education held on Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018 at the Administration Building (212 N. Ottawa St., Tecumseh) at 5:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is a Board Retreat.
Board Study Sessions or Retreats may be scheduled as needed. Public notices of study sessions, retreats, or other special board meetings will be posted in advance.