Mission and Goals
Tecumseh Public Schools Mission
Uncompromisingly Learner Centered
The TPS Vision
We are a dynamic learning community taking bold steps to ensure all learners are inspired and empowered for life.
The Board believes that the TPS Exit Learner Outcomes represent the characteristics we wish to see in all graduates. It is the Board's goal that TPS graduates are responsible adults with a joy for learning, who contribute to their community and are driven to seek personal success and happiness.
- The Board will monitor the outcomes tied to district and building school improvement plans during the 2018-19 school year.
- The Board will participate in up to five professional development opportunities related to our learning model during the 2018-19 school year.
2. Fiscal Responsibility
The Board believes that it is important to be fiscally responsible. The Board is committed to investing in people, facilities, and resources to support the work of the district.
- The Board will maintain a fund balance between 15% and 18%
- The Board will prioritize spending to support professional learning opportunities across the district and maintenance of facilities and resources to advance the work of the district during the 2018-19 school year.
The Board wants to ensure that members of the community feel they can approach school staff and have their voices be heard.
- The Board will request a comprehensive communication plan be developed during the 2018-19 school year.
- The Board will contribute to board-level communications that help to explain the work of the Board of Education, including sharing of their work, training opportunities, and experiences in the district during the 2018-19 school year.
As approved: Aug. 13, 2018