All students at Tecumseh Public Schools will stay on the distance learning model until Wednesday, December 9th. The changes from the TPS administration comes as COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Lenawee County. The district has also had a small amount of positive cases among staff members. Other staff members have been exposed to someone who has the disease and are in quarantine.
Originally, K-8 students were expected to resume full time in-person learning on November 30th.
Right now, the current restrictions for high school in-person learning, set forth by the state health department, ends on December 8th. However, all students will stay virtual on Wednesday, December 9th. This will give our teachers and staff time to prepare for in-person learning again. The high school will resume the hybrid learning plan on December 10th.
Updated scheduling changes:
• Tecumseh High School – distance learning until Dec. 9th – Hybrid learning plan resumes Dec. 10th
• West STEAM Center – distance learning until Dec. 9th – In-person learning resumes Dec. 10th
• Compass Learning Center – distance learning until Dec. 9th – In-person learning resumes Dec. 10th
• North and South Early Learning Centers – distance learning until Dec. 9th – In-person learning resumes Dec. 10th
Tecumseh Virtual Academy students will not be impacted by this change. Childcare and full day preschool are also not affected by these changes.
As we continue with the distance learning model, TPS Food Service has added a second pickup location.
The two pickup locations will be:
• Families whose last names begin with A through M will pick up at the high school shipping and receiving dock. Please enter off of Brown Street and follow the signage for food pickup.
• Families whose last name begins with N through Z will pick up in the parent drop off area at Compass Learning Center
Pick up time will be every Tuesday, from 10:30am-12:30pm. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for meal pick up.